The University of Melbourne invites credible applicants to apply for its 2022 Scholarship.
- A Undergraduate, Graduate degree Program
- International Students Welcome
- Study in the field of Law
- The University of Melbourne
- The successful candidates will receive full fee remission up to four years. They also get a stipend at 35,000 AUD annum pro rata (full time study rate) which includes limited paid sick leave and Overseas Student Health Cover. There are also research support funds through Laureate Project to help with project-related travel.
The candidate will also have access to research support funds up to $7500, as they will be based in Law. As appropriate, the candidate may also be able to do paid research in support of the project.
About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne in Melbourne, Victoria is an Australian public research university. It was established in 1853. It is Australia’s second-oldest university, and it is the oldest in Victoria.
It is internationally recognized for its quality in teaching and research.
Why you should study at the University of Melbourne
- The University of Melbourne, Australia’s premier research university, has a 165-year-old tradition of higher education in the arts and sciences as well as many professional disciplines.
- The university encourages internationally-connected research collaborations around basic and applied problems, in the hope of changing the world for the better.
- The University of Melbourne has produced four Australian prime ministers, and five governors general. Nine Nobel laureates were students or faculty at the University of Melbourne, which is the highest number of Australian universities.
- The University of Melbourne offers a multi-cultural experience. It is home to more than 200,000 students from over 170 countries.
About the University of Melbourne 2022 PhD scholarships
This PhD Program provides funding to those who are interested in pursuing a doctorate in Law.
It is an attempt to find a solution to the increasing challenge to democracy from global corporations, and to establish a world-leading research program that will allow for better relations between global corporations and states in the future.
Requirements to Apply for this Scholarship
- Candidates from all nationalities and locations are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The University of Melbourne will accept only those who are eligible.
- The applicant must meet the requirements of Melbourne Law School. They will also need to meet the entry requirements for the Law School PhD program and the additional requirements of the ARC for Laureate PhD candidates at the Melbourne Law School.
- A prior law degree is useful, but not essential, depending on the project, application and other qualifications.
- The program requires applicants to have a first-class or higher second-class honours undergraduate degree. They also need to have outstanding professional or research achievements.
- The ARC requires that Laureate PhDs must be enrolled full time, have a PhD (in Law) and have not received a PhD scholarship from Australia.